Loofah Halloween Costume
-About 9 yards of any colored tule
-Enough elastic to fit around your waist
-About 1 1/2 yards of thin white rope.
-Sewing Machine and Thread
1. Fold the tule in half lengthwise.
2. Starting at one end, sew the elastic to the tule. On the first layer, do no gathering.
3. When you get to the end of the elastic, fold your tule over and sew another layer to the elastic gathering it quite a bit.
4. When you get to the end again, use safety pins to make poofs along the elastic. You will go about 2 feet down and safety pin it to the elastic.
5. When you finish this, you will be able to wrap the elastic around your waist and safety pin it shut.
6. Fold your rope in half and tie a knot on the side that has two ends.
7. Safety pin the rope to the elastic deep in the folds of the tule.
I topped mine off with an empty bottle of body wash tied around my neck to help people see that it was a loofah and not just a tutu :)
Do any of you have any fun costumes that you have made in the past? Send them to email@example.com and we will feature them throughout the week!