I thought I would start off with a craft that is fun for adults and kids to do together.
Swirled Paint Glass Christmas Bulbs
This is a craft that I did with my mom when I was younger that was fun and gives your tree a very personalized look.
- Clear Glass Bulbs (or colored bulbs that have been soaked in bleach water for several hours to remove the paint.)
- 2-3 different colors of paint
- Beads, Ribbons, etc. for decorating
2. Remove the metal top of your bulb, being very careful not to crack the glass.
3. Pour one teaspoon of your first paint color in your bulb. Shake it carefully until your paint is spread around the inside of the bulb. Make sure you leave some of the inside blank for the other colors.
4. Return the bulb to the container and allow to dry completely (should take 30 minutes to 1 hour.)
5. Repeat with your second and third colors.
6. Replace the metal piece at the top of the bulb and hang on your tree.
Another option for using clear bulbs is to fill them. You can use ribbons or beads to fill them. You could do a variety of bulbs using different items of the same color to make a fun tree that you and your kids design yourself.
(Photo from www.crafts-for-all-seasons.com)