Pop Piggy Bank
- 1 empty 2-liter soda bottle
- Pink acrylic paint
- 1 empty papertowel roll
- Plastic Eyes
- Pink pipe cleaner
- Pink Foam
2. Paint the soda bottle pink. Don't forget to paint the cap.
3. Cut your papertowel roll into 4 pieces about 2 inches long. Make sure all pieces are the same size.
4. Paint the papertowel roll pieces pink.
5. Wait for it to dry. Then glue the plastic eyes into place. Make sure that they are placed so that the money hole is on the top.
6. Cut out ears from the pink foam. Fold the bottom quarter of an inch over and paste them onto the soda bottle.
7. Tape your feet onto the bottom of the bottle. Use tape inside each roll to stick them on.
8. Wrap the pipe cleaner around a round bottle to make it curly, then paste it to the end of your bank.
Cereal Box Tote Bag
- 1 empty cereal box
- Several Matching scrapbook papers
- Mod Podge
- Ribbon, jewels or any other decorative items.
2. Cut the top flaps from the cereal box.
3. Draw and cut out the holes for the handles on the cereal box.
4. Fold the sides of your cereal box in so that the long sides touch each other.
5. Cover one side with Mod Podge. Place your scraps of paper on the Mod Podge covering the side. It is ok for the papers to go off the edge. You will just fold them to cover another side.
5. Cover that side with Mod Podge making sure that all pieces stick down.
6. Repeat with all sides of the box.
7. Decorate with ribbon, jewels or any other decorative items. I think it would be really cute with a ribbon around the top.
Toilet Paper Binoculars
- 2 empty toilet paper rolls (or a papertowel roll cut in half)
- Foam (any color)
- yarn or thick string of some kind
- Glitter or any other decorative items
- Hole Punch
2. Glue the foam in between the two rolls. Use as much as you need to make the rolls fit the kid's eyes.
3. Punch 2 holes, each on the outside top edge of the rolls.
4. String your yarn through the holes and tie them on.
Let your kid wear them around their neck and take them outside to look around!
For those of you who would like them, I also found these Earth Day Coloring Sheets that you can print out. Click here.
Do any of you have crafts you have made from recycled items?